The 8-hour program consist of:
Session 1: DO YOU WANT TO DIE?
• Get acquainted with other participants.
• Use the video, Driver Statistics, to introduce collision and fatality statistics for this age group.
• Examine why young drivers have such high violation rates and how driving behaviors and attitudes contribute.
• Discuss how peer pressure, distractions, inexperience and underestimating risks can cause unique driving hazards.
Session 2: SEEING WHEN THERE IS AN ISSUE
• Identify two types of driving hazards.
• Show the Seven Deadly Drives video, which explores seven hazards drivers most often create.
• Explain three driving hazards participants don’t cause, and guide them in still making wise decisions in these situations.
• Ask participants to identity the hazards they see in the video, Recognize the Hazards.
Session 3: Act Correctly, In Time
• Discuss Taking Positive Action.
• Practice making positive driving decisions through role-playing.
• Use the Don’t Drive Stupid video to foster a commitment to change driving behavior